Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Boring to Awesome


I always considered myself someone who preferred uniformity, clean lines, and black&white. In the last year or so, however, I've found myself drawn to mismatched items grouped together, subtle colors, rough textures, and unexpected details. It's been hard to find just the right balance of minimalist and all of my new style loves. One of my first actual deviations from the old ways was this frame collage (sorry about the quality- I lost my phone in my backyard on St. Patrick's Day and the camera lens broke). I got all of the frames at my local Goodwill for either $0.99 or $1.95 each. I think my favorite thing about it is that it's not quite right. The pictures hang a little crooked, the bottom right one has some of the gold paint peeling. But I like that!

My partner, who requests to be called "Jarl of Winterhold" (he plays a lot of Skyrim), got me these AMAZING prints from Etsy (here's the listing) by Yours is the Earth. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to frame them, but I think I'm going to try something similar to what I did ^up there. Character is better than sterility any day, right?

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment