Sunday, March 11, 2012

been busy being crafty



All of this warm weather means I'm more inspired to do crafty things. And when I do crafty things, I want to share them! That's where you come in. Prepare to be amazed by my somewhat average cooking skills and slightly more impressive diy skills. We'll start things off with one of my recent projects. I first saw this project on Pinterest, and was determined that I could make something that awesome. I scrounged up all of the supplies at our local Michael's and got to work! Here's a link to the inspiration, from Two Girls Being Crafty.

At first I didn't add a wash, so it looked a lot more like the inspiration painting. After a few weeks, I decided it was a little too bright for the location (right above our tv), so I toned it down a little with a mud-colored wash. I had to purchase all of the supplies, but all in all, it probably cost less than $50.

I'll be honest- I was so proud of myself, I texted a picture of it to my Mom.

Leah

2 comments: